About Dr. Evans
Barbara E. Evans, M.D. has been an ophthalmologist for 29+ years. In August 2020, Dr. Evans joined the ophthalmology staff at Physicians Eye Clinic located at 2101 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50265.
Previously, she owned her own practice for 25 years and most recently practiced at Downtown Eye Care in Capital Square located in downtown Des Moines, IA. (need your medical records from Downtown Eye Care? Click here to download a medical record release form)
Dr. Evans provides comprehensive eye care for your entire family – including children age 4 and older! She performs eye exams for routine vision care as well as ocular medical conditions. She recognizes that you have multiple options for taking care of your eye health and is committed to exceeding all your expectations!
Dedicated. Compassionate. Gentle
Clinical Specialties and Interests:
- Routine Eye Exams for Adults and Children Age 4 and up, Cataracts, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, Dry Eyes and Other Eye Diseases.
- Special Interests: Glaucoma Treatment including Laser Surgery, Contact Lenses including Multifocal/Bifocal Lenses and Astigmatism Lenses, Family Eye Care.
- Hoover High School, Des Moines, Iowa
- B.A. Simpson College, Indianola, Iowa: Valedictorian
- M.D. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Transitional Internship, Broadlawns Medical Center, Des Moines, Iowa
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- License: Iowa State Board of Medical Examiners
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Maintenance of Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Iowa Academy of Ophthalmology
- Des Moines Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Polk County Medical Association
- Recipient Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Volunteer Physician Network, Polk County Medical Society
- Eye Care America Public Service Program Volunteer, American Academy of Ophthalmology